Monday, December 25, 2006

Fa la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la lala la...la la la la

San Angelo, Texas- Merry Christmas!! If that offends you, Happy Ramadan, Merry Kwanza (spelling?!?), and Happy Hanakkuh. If any of those offend you, Happy Holidays. If you do not celebrate any holidays at this time of year, and are offended by my outrageous assumption that you do, good morning. If you work during the night and are just now arriving home, and are offended by my assumption that the morning is good, then "hello." If you do not speak English and are offended by my outrageous assumption that you do, then konichiwa, jambo, hola, ni hao, bonjour, buon giorno, annyong ha shimnikka, czesc, zdravstvuite, and al salaam a' alaykum!! (Politcally correct greetings take foreeeeeeeeeever.)

One thought for you on this sunny Christmas day. I was observing my puppy Hart this morning and my ol' dog Girl. (Girl is sporting a very festive bandana with her name on it...a gift from my sister. It replaced my favorite one that read "Fleas Navidad.")

For a brief passing moment, I was saddened by the idea that dogs don't really know about Christmas, the Christmas spirit, exchanging gifts, and the anticipation of such a great day. Then I realized something that really makes sense when you think about it.

To a dog, EVERY day is Christmas. Think about it.

- Dogs wake up excited as all get out, every day.
- Dogs can't wait to give you a lick in the face. In fact, that is their only goal every day...to give.
- Dogs never look past the next day. (I don't think they know about the next day.)
- Dogs love the moment. They roll in it and really exploit it. Life is the moment.
- And much like children on Christmas, dogs will growl and attack each other when they try to take each other's things.

So, if you have a fuzzy pooch, take an example from them on this Christmas. Wake up excited, live in the moment, and excitedly lick the first person you see today.

Merry Christmas!!

That's the story of my life...

1 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

hahha... great post!

and Merry Christmas to you!

can't wait to lick the next person i see ;)

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.net