Saturday, January 13, 2007

Whimsical World Celebrates One Year, Wets Itself

Franklin, TN- I am a little over due on this post, but on January 5th, The Whimsical World of Winston celebrated one year of age. This came, of course, right on the heels of receiving our 1000th visitor. For those of you who weren't here at the inception of the Whimsical World, I have forged my way through any number of memories over the past year. Everything from owning a menagerie (nine chickens, three goats, two dogs, one cat, and a shetland pony) to a trip across the southern U.S. in a Budget rental truck, and of course many other adventures. All of these came while I operated out of the homebase in Waring, Texas. Now, my operations have shifted to Franklin, Tenn., which is not as unique and interesting as Waring but definitely fraught with possibility.

Over the Christmas break (Dec. 20 to Jan. 12) I drove over 3,000 miles in Ranger Bob One, my Ford Ranger pickup. I had to be in eight places at once over the three week period hence the unbelievable mileage.

But perhaps the biggest news is The Whimsical World is now owner of a 6.0 megapixel digital camera so the Whimsical World of Winston is entering a whole new stratosphere of information propogation. Please look for many new crazy photos shortly.

Anyway, on a very serious note, to those of you who read reguraly: THANK YOU. If it weren't for you, my blogging empire would only be a much like Puerto Rico, a commonwealth, territory or subsidiary of a much larger blogging empire...so to speak. Now that I actually made it back to Franklin, and the first birthday is behind us, I look excitedly to the year to come. Happy New Year and Feliz Gatos.

That's the story of my life...

1 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

happy new year to you, too

texas will miss you

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.net