Sunday, February 12, 2006

Agricultural Conglomerate Set to Begin Trade, Investors Growing Giddy

Waring, TX - Yesterday was a momentous day here in the Texas Hill Country. Prompted by the somewhat mild weather, the good folks of Waring set about knocking out chores that have remained buried under mounds of winter melancholy for the past several months. One of those tasks for me was the construction of a small structure in the northeast quadrant of my yard.

The structure's purpose and mission in this world is simple and clear: it will be my chicken coop.

Now, I know what you are thinking. Can Winston handle the agricultural and social responsibilities of owning chickens? The answer is a resounding, without-a-doubt, shout-it-from-the-mountaintops: I think so.

First, I am giving the chicken operation of mine a name. Any good business has a great name. After spending several hours locked in the bathroom pouring over ideas, I came up with a name sure to spread waves of consumer confidence throughout the international poultry market.

I am calling my chicken operation "The Chicken Cooperative,"or "The Chicken Co-op" for short.

Here's how it works. My good friend Carol Patton (who lives two houses down) was blessed with a bulging bevy of extra chickens after a masked rooster infiltrated her henhouse and impregnated a smattering of hens. Due to the excess number of hens, Carol is willingly parting with five of them, with which I will begin my poultry empire.

These are the names I have decided on for my first five chickens: Foghorn, Leghorn, Tyson, The Colonel, and Nugget. Most poultry operations don't name their chickens specifically, but I believe due to our small size and the importance of team building, I will give mine names. It promotes growth and teamwork among the chickens.

My only job is to make sure they roost safely at night in the new coop and provide them with adequate food, water, and health benefits. In return, they make eggs and eat all the bugs in my yard here at 5 Front Street.

The final equipment should all be in place by this afternoon and Good Lord willin' and the crick don't rise, The Chicken Co-op should be a functioning business entity by tomorrow. This project will operate in parallel with my sheep operation which I am laying the groundwork for as we speak. I will elaborate more on this in the future but it pertains to a yard that is half an acre and a certain someone who does not want to mow that big a yard every two weeks come spring.

If you would like more information on "The Chicken Co-op" you can find us under the NASDAQ listing "ckncp." We begin trading publicly as of 3 p.m. Tuesday. All of us here are excited about this one, even the chickens. Look for more soon from this exciting new endeavor!

That's the story of my life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.net